Monday, June 6, 2011

Congressman Weiner/Pampered Chef/Vortex Birthday Party/Memory Loss

Oh my GOSH!!!  Where do I start!  We've all heard of Writer's Block, but what about Writer's Flood??  Where a rash of random topics flood the brain, fighting for equal playing time with my finger tips as I type?

Let me just cough some up in no particular order:

Really?  So Congressman Weiner wasn't telling the truth last week when he vehemently denied sending the picture of his bulging underwear?  Called it.  I saw an episode or two of the Tim Roth television show "Lie to Me."  It was something in his eyes.  Maybe the bead of sweat forming above his brow.  What a creep.

Today I pushed past a couple months of fear and cold feet, and I participated in an in-home boutique where I was one of many vendors selling my wears.  Pampered Chef is an awesome way to make extra money, but before today, I had been afraid to commit to a show, only to have to cancel due to Lee having a seizure.  It was great getting back on the saddle again, and I had a lot of fun sharing the versatility of the Pampered Chef products as I made a decadent chocolate/peanut butter cake, and homemade pico de gallo.  Yummy stuff, all well received.  And I made some contacts that will hopefully result in some shows down the road.  Wanna book a catalog show??

Lee was invited to a birthday party over the weekend, where we all left wanting to take the birthday boy along with us.  It is hard to see how some families treat children.  We can't always save the kids being raised in crisis.  We can offer ourselves, but we can't guarantee that the adults in the home will allow it.  So we pray.  And we still try and try to do what we can.

Memory.  I almost forgot to share a thought on memory.  It has come to my attention that the Big Bad Stress Wolf has huffed and puffed and blown my memory away, even in my current life.  I've long ago accepted that during the most stressful days of my life as a single mother, my memory was a casualty in it all, and there are entire events and episodes that, were it not for my journaling, I would have no recollection of.  Some things have been preserved in the kids' memories.  But mine was affected terribly, and there has been much blocked from consciousness.

But even lately, I have seen evidence of my memory being anything but sharp.  That said, please tell me when I am telling you something I have already told you again and again, and please forgive me if I don't remember something I needed to know.  Just tell me again, and make sure I plug the info into my phone!  And if you stayed with me one time when you were in town, and I have zero memory of either that or the fact that you met Hugo and Danielle, please forgive me!!!  (Hypothetically speaking, of course...)

What else??  I know there was more.  I can't remember.  (Totally not trying to make a joke, but I admit it's kind of ironic, isn't it?!)  :)

It will be a week of awards ceremonies, class parties, yearbook signing, and LOUD, LOUD countings down to the last day of school on Friday!!!  I'm thinking I'll have much to share this week.  Hopefully, it'll be one topic at a time, each day.  Maybe I'll one day revisit some of the topics from today and share more fully.  If I don't forget.  OK...I've over-used the joke.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kristi! I am so glad you messages me on my blog! I guess we will learn thig blogging thing together :) I have been trying to write you back, but I didn't know how to post my comments.haha. Yes, Jorden and Gregg are our good friends, we probably saw you at Asher's party a couple weeks ago! I look forward to reading your blog! Love, Heather

    ReplyDelete