Wednesday, September 12, 2012

So when I say that I love to deep clean, I'm seriously not being sarcastic. There.

If you are my friend, you have never been to my house, and you love me, please.  PLEASE.  Please tell me you're coming over for a visit.  Give me about 2 weeks advance notice.

If you have babies, toddlers, or small children, all the better.

When I know that we are having a party, or that company is coming, I motivate myself to do the things around my house that I otherwise put off due to depression and/or being busy and/or pure laziness.  Things like windows, baseboards, removal of the mystery goo that collects underneath the crispers in the fridge, cleaning ceiling fans...and I mean cleaning ceiling fans.  Not just dusting.

By the way, does anyone know of anyone whose house caught on fire because of grease-caked kitchen ceiling fans?  My house is safe.  Now.

As I clean, I actually feel stress sweat away almost the way stress melts when we exercise, but not quite the way stress floats away when we're at the beach.  Let's be real.  But, still, I find that deep cleaning is a wonderful tool for stress alleviation.  It leaves my soul rested.  Gives me the ability to go out and do what I need to go out and do.

This afternoon my sweet, precious nephews are visiting from out of state.  One is nearly 2 1/2, and the other is 8 1/2 months old.  My house isn't baby-proofed, and I have a dog that sheds almost as badly as me.  Stress.  Hair loss.  But, with all this cleaning, and all that stress sweating away, my hair shall bounce back, and I shall bounce around a house I feel settled in, when I crawl into bed at night.

They will be here in a few hours.  Back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment