Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Behind the Scenes with The Pageant of the Masters

A few weeks ago, a Life in LA colleague and I were sent on assignment to Laguna Beach, for a press-only preview of the Festival of the Arts and the Pageant of the Masters.  It was one of those times when we both looked at each other repeatedly and said how much we love our job.  We were wined and dined, and invited back stage to see the creation in the works of the annual Laguna festival.

Jamie, my partner, covered the Festival of the Arts portion of the event while I covered the Pageant of the Masters.  It was ahhh-maaaa-zing, to say the least.  We had a great time.  One of us would interview an artist or actor, while the other took notes.  Jamie's a photographer as well, so she worked behind the lens too.

There were, like, a lot of press members there.  I had to learn to be careful where I walk, because it's a little awkward to realize you're standing behind someone being interviewed with a full camera crew.  All of the events prior to this one that I've covered with Life in L.A. have been with writers and still photographers, so this was a new experience for me.

Jamie and I each wrote our articles separately, and they were each published separately.  I've included both so that we can share both sides of this very cool festival.  I LOVE the Pageant of the Masters pictures their publicity team submitted for us for use in our articles.


Jamie took this picture.  This is one of the 7 year-old little boys I interviewed.  While he sat, posed and perched, motionless.



I absolutely loved working with Jamie, a Minnesota Girl turned L.A. Girl.  She's a sweetheart, and a joy to work with.  It was fun sharing this experience with her, and to FINALLY check out this place!!  I've heard so much about it from my Uncle Tom and Aunt Liz who used to live in Laguna, and have enjoyed this event many, many times.  Even though we just got a teensy preview of the artists that will be featured, and we only got to see a few of the works of art the festival recreates with live people, it whetted my appetite, making me hungry for more.

Dates, times, contact information, and location are included in our articles.

1 comment:

  1. It was such an eye opening experience for me. One seeing how much media there is out there, and two, seeing the creative energy happening all around us.

    And you are amazing to work with, as well =)

    ReplyDelete