Monday, February 11, 2013

The Darkness is Lifting



By Kristi Tisor Ambriz


It has been nearly a month since we have published anything here at Wings Like Eagles, making this the longest streak of darkness in our history.

Our Wings Like Eagles team is comprised of Mike Runner, Joelle Deyo, John Deyo and myself, and we are each committed to showing that there is Life on the Other Side of Crisis primarily due to the fact that each of us have personally lived in it, have come through it, and are driven to offer hope.  Though we do believe that life is good on the Other Side, we would be remiss if we ever promoted that life is perfect.

In the month in which our blog has been dark, we have each experienced different forms of personal darkness that have quieted our voices and slowed our pens.

The darkness is lifting, and it's time to write.  We choose to live transparently because everybody experiences periods of darkness, or seasons within the wilderness.  Our drive is to offer hope that punctuates the fact that darkness need not permanently paralyze, even if it feels like it might when we're within it.  That coming through the darkness strengthens us.

Though my own story has been expanded by my own brand of darkness and challenge, not everything has been dark for me--but it has been overwhelmingly busy.  I'd like to give a personal update.

In addition to running this blog, I am an editor of an online entertainment and events reporting publication based out of Los Angeles.  I started out as a reporter, but was promoted to editor last September.  I have around 20 writers assigned to me, and work closely with an editorial team.  This job keeps me very busy, but very fulfilled.  I love every aspect of it.

Last month I started a part-time job away from my computer.  I am an Instructional Aide in a transitional kindergarten class, and I also assist in the 2 standard kindergarten classes on campus.  I'M LOVING IT!!!  I get to finger paint and play with Play Doh and glitter every day, and I get to laugh at the CRAZY things 5 year-olds say on a regular basis.

Boy #1:  "I keep telling my dad to PLEASE stop cigaretting!  But he won't.  He keeps cigaretting."

Me:         Not quite sure where to start, but before I could get anything out, Boy #2 chimes in.

Boy #2:  "My mom is mad at my brother for smoking weed in the car.  He got out and threw it over the fence."

Me:         "Does anyone remember the sound the letter V makes?

Not everything they say is that revealing, but oh, the things little ones will share!  They also shared their cold virus with me.  It's part of the gig, but it's worth it to get to work with these little minds.  They've all stolen my heart already.

This Friday I get to cover a Red Carpet event for LifeinLA.  Movieguide was founded by Dr. Ted Baehr and it celebrates decency in film and television by awarding studios and members within the entertainment industry.  Hugo and I get to enjoy Red Carpet interviewing of celebrities, and after the Red Carpet experience, we get to dine and enjoy the awards show with Pat Boone and family.  Do you have any questions you'd like us to ask him?

Mike Runner, Joelle Deyo and John Deyo each have content in my inbox ready to publish.  It will be nice to be back this week.  Live.  Feeling alive.  Doing what we are so committed to doing:  Offering hope.  Believing wholeheartedly in all of it.  And sharing it with our readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment