Friday, September 7, 2012

His First Name is Lee and We Have an Update

So if you thought I was cranky yesterday, hold on to your hat.  And you might want to duck.

Lee had a fabulous night sleep.  But, when he woke up this morning, his eyes were still dull with pain, and he complained about the continuing presence of his head pain.

My ex-husband agreed to take Lee and me to see Lee's Pediatrician, if I could get him an appointment.  They told us to be there at 1:00.

The doctor saw the same red ear as the ER doctor, but she said it was very mild, not an infection, and nothing that would cause him to suffer the pain that he has had since 11:30 Wednesday night.  She did a series of basic neurological tests, and he passed.  She recommended Lee see his dentist.

The dentist was able to see him at 3:00.  She did x-rays, and an examination, but found nothing that would cause pain.  No decay.  Healthy tissue.

The next step will be the Neurosurgeon.  

I'm feeling quite disappointed.  An ear infection, or molar/gum issues could have been a simple cause, with an easy fix.  But, at this point, I can't think of any other easy fixes.

It's hard to push for help with something none of the doctors have seen, except for the ER doctor, and he dismissed the whole thing as being caused by ear pain in an ear that he himself had said wasn't infected.  As Lee's mom, I'm pushing for something Lee's entire family saw.  His pain was severe.  So bad, in fact, that as I was getting dressed so that we could take him to the ER, I contemplated calling 911.  I've never considered calling 911 over the pain of an ear infection.  And let me say again:  Lee doesn't have an ear infection.  The ER doctor said it yesterday, and the Pediatrician said it today.

He had to take pain medicine this morning, but he hasn't since.  When he touches his teeth, cheek, or ear it causes pain, and even makes his head hurt.  But today, so long as he doesn't do those things, he has been able to function fine.  You know the old joke, "Doctor, doctor, it hurts when I do this."  Then the doctor replies, "Well, don't do this, then!"

He's a little bit on the quiet side, but he's in a good mood.  He did, after all, get to miss 2 days of school.

Please pray for him, and for answers, and for solutions.  Easy solutions.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment