Friday, June 15, 2012

The Wizard of Oz

Last Saturday, Lee and I headed out to the Sierra Madre Playhouse for their Fairytale Theatre performance of The Wizard of Oz.

OK, I'm going to date myself here.  When I was a little girl, before the world had Netflix, TiVo, cable TV, Blue-Ray, DVDs, or the VCR, we had CBS, NBC, ABC, PBS, and a handful of local TV stations.  That was it.  If something was on Wednesday, at 8:00, and you didn't get home until 8:20, you missed what you missed.

The Wizard of Oz came on once a year, around Easter.  Just one time per year.  And every year, I was in front of the TV, probably sitting too closely.  Glued.

Without a doubt, this is my favorite of favorite childhood movies.  So much so, in fact that when my sister Misti was born, and my parents gave me a stuffed dog as a special gift for becoming a big sister, I declared him a he, and I named him Toto.

So, imagine my excitement when I was given the opportunity to cover the Sierra Madre Playhouse Wizard of Oz performance for Life in L.A.!

Lee's friend Andres, and his mommy (my friend) Gabby joined us.  They got a mention in my article.  Lee is Munchkin #1, and Andres is Munchkin #2.  Read my article, and it will all make sense.



No comments:

Post a Comment