Friday, June 22, 2012

Fellowship! the Musical. We kept expecting Mel Brooks to pop out at any second.


The Peter Jackson Lord of the Rings movies came out when Tessa and Adam were at that perfect age of being able to read the books, and dive into the depth of the story line.  I would read the books out loud, with the them.  Tessa would skip ahead in her own reading.

The movies came out.  We would see the films at the movie theater, buy the DVD, and then buy the Extended Version DVD.  For many Christmases, we would receive under the tree whichever movie had been released to DVD, and we would watch it.  With Commentary off.  And again, with Commentary on.  Then, we'd mosey on over to the Special Features and stay there a while.  In short, extreme nerdiness was taking over our family, and we were far too gone to even know.  Or care.

So, can you imagine the excitement when my Publisher said I could go see and review Fellowship!, the critically acclaimed Fellowship of the Ring parody?!  I had heard about it twice.  The first time from friends at Hugo's work, and the second time from an actor after a different show I was reviewing.  Had heard Fellowship! is a musical.  A musical!  That it is a different show each performance because the actors are all masters of improv, and when they get together, you never quite know what's going to happen.  Check out my review, and look at the pictures.  They're great.  Because I didn't take them.


I just looked at the pictures, myself.  They made me laugh.  Again.  I laughed the whole time I was attaching them to the email to my Publisher, when I was submitting my review.

Fellowship! has been showing at the Steve Allen Theatre on Hollywood Blvd. since April, but only has a few performances left before it closes.  Two performances tonight, and next Friday, at 8:00 and 11:00.

If you live in the LA area, and you want to go see the show with Hugo and me, let me know.  I'd love to coordinate a little fellowship myself.  We can dress up.  Speak in Elvish.  It'll be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment