Thursday, May 10, 2012

The Time I Dreamed I was Spooned by Bono

My Aunt Donna has told my dad, "Don.  You are not just a fan of USC.  You are a fanatic!"  And if you know my dad, you know his sister is kind of onto something.  So, not wanting to let the apple fall too far from the tree, my sisters, brother and I kind of share his energy when it comes to our "thing."  Our own brand of fanaticism.  Our love of 4 Irish rock stars, known as U2.

My brother exhibits a little bit more class in his demonstration of devotion than my sisters and I...not quite as much PDA, but don't let him fool you.  He's wearing his U2 Underoos, mark my word.

In honor of the birthday of Mr. Paul Hewson, Bono to U2 fanatics and the rest of the world, and lead singer of U2, I'd like to share an actual dream I had.  We will call it, "The Time I was Spooned by Bono."  My dream went something like this:

I had been assigned to interview U2 either prior to, or directly following a performance.  My sister Lori was with me, and I had to leave her behind in a building temporarily, while I went on ahead into a house (dreams don't have to make sense) where I would meet up with the band.  After the interview, I could get Lori for a meet and greet.  


I was in the kitchen of the house, intimidated by all the people everywhere, so I guess I did what felt natural, and I stood by the sink and washed dishes.  Then I realized Adam Clayton (bass player for U2) was in the kitchen with me, smoking a cigarette.  Totally dazed and in a state of disbelief, I tried to keep my cool.  But, I was silent...I didn't even try to get in on an early scoop.  Next thing I knew, Bono entered the house.  He came into the kitchen through the crowd, took my hand, and led me back into the main room of the house.  The living room, I'm guessing?  There was no furniture in the room.  Just people.  And a blanket spread out on the floor.  So, naturally, he laid down on it, and he brought me down with him (still holding my hand).  And then we cuddled.  And he spooned me.  That's it.  Nothing naughty, nothing risque, just very familiar.  For Bono, this sort of thing just happens.  Take this, for example.  So, I went with it.  It was awesome.  And then, just like that, he was done.  We got up, I was led out of the house, and then I realized I FORGOT TO GET LORI!!!  And then I realized, I WAS MISSING MY FRONT RIGHT TOOTH!!!  And I never interviewed them.

This dream came after Abi asked me why it is that Bono seems to lay down on the stage a lot with women in the audience.  He is, after all, a happily married man of nearly 30 years.  I told her that he exudes love for everyone, including the hotties he brings onto the stage.  And I can vouch for him, that he isn't one to give sexual advances.  We just spooned.

Seriously, I'm happy to be a fan of a man who would take his fame, and his fortune, and do all that he has done with it, by bettering the world we all live in.  Happy Birthday, Bono.




No comments:

Post a Comment